YES! You didn't read wrong! IT IS MINX!!
I had talked about Minx Nails the last time (click HERE to read previous Minx post), and had wanting to try out Minx and now, I was given a chance to do so!
The kind soul asked which design I would wish to try and so, I'm thinking since now there's this F1 race, I'll take Black-white checkered (look like the race flag design yah?) NAHHHHhhh~~ Just kidding =p
I chose it because it looked PUNK to me! I love checks! Though I'm not wearing Punk anymore.. (there goes my Punk-sai theory again) but the checks could look cool with any outfit!
And now on with the pictures! ^_^
I'd read through the step by step tutorial first before I try them on my fingers!
Click the pics to enlarge the tutorial pics.
Korean Minx Nails material is a kind of foil/film (though thin, but its rather firm) with an adhesive back. The body will not crease when you peel it off from the plastic, except for the starting point where you scratch to peel it out.
Even though I've read the tutorial and following exactly the steps, but I find that the minx stickers still crease at certain edges.
I am so looking forward to flawless, creaseless Minx nails hence I trial and error in different ways on the Minx starting from my first to the last finger, achieving different results on every one of them.
1. Sticking the Minx on centre of nail plate aligning the base nearest to my cuticle, pressing down the minx with flat end of wooden stick. Starting from centre and slowly pushing towards edges.
2. Same method of applying the Minx, but this time I use my finger to press the Minx and slowly pushing towards edges so to reduce bubbles and creases. It seems that fingers work better than wooden stick. Creases reduced and minx look more smooth.
3. When there is a crease, I use wooden stick to flatten the crease.
4. I use finger nail to flatten the crease.
5. I use hair straightener's high heat to heat at the creases a longer time, to see if it can shrink or soften the crease. After which using wooden stick to flatten it. It seems that it works alittle bit better than without heat.
6. Using hair straightener high heat to go over the minx after sticking it to the nail. It didn't shrink so whatsoever.
7. I cut the Minx base that fits my cuticle shape before pealing out from the plastic.
8. I applied both base and top coat before and after the Minx nail application.
I'd only tried it on my left hand, cos its easy to apply it with my right hand. My left hand is almost handicap in nail polishing and art & craft works. =_="
I will be looking out for better ways to apply the Minx nails so it will look like the one on my ring and pinky finger, which is almost to perfect. If you girls had tried Minx and have better suggestions pls feel free to comment! =)
Before I end this, there're few conclusions I'd came out with after trying out on the Korean Minx Nails:
1. Got to file your nail plates to smooth it, otherwise the surface of Minx Nails will not look smooth too
2. A rounder, more perfect shaped nail plate will be of advantage in using Minx Nails, as its original template has a very rounded base (cuticle end)
3. The 10 Minx nails all comes in different sizes, hence need to measure to your nail plate size before application. (Its said that left fingers are slightly smaller than right, so use whichever size suits your nails.)
4. Cuticles need to be pushed back and/or cut neatly, otherwise Minx nails will peel off easily at the edges
5. Minx nails has short lifespan. I wore it for only 1 day and it started to wear at free edge, but was said that it should only wear to that extend and will not wear any further. Perhaps also, its the application method which I might not be doing it in the rightest way. All users can trial and error on their own in order to get it right and able to give it a longer lifespan.
6. Got to apply topcoat everyday to prolong its lifespan.
7. Its fun to apply Minx! Though it looks rather tedious but there is very short waiting time, no worries in smudging your nail polish or whatsoever! I can even buy a few sets and change the nail patterns every 1-2 weeks already! ^o^~
Once again, thank you Joanna for giving the chance to tryout and review for your Minx nails! ^_^
Ladies who wish to try out Minx nails can go to therunway-show@blogspot now to take a look, they are having Set Promo right now!
In future I look forward to try out GOLD MInx Nails! Hehehex~ ^▽^
Lastly, i know I do not have nice yummy looking fingernails like most of you, so please be kind with me yah... m(U_U)m *bows*
Till then! Cheers! (●♡●)
Product names written and coloured in turquoise were given by its company to me for trial.