Late February, I attended Watsons Beauty Day Out with lots of other beauty bloggers. It was well, kinda like a mega bloggers gathering with balloons and foods & drinks~ Lolx~
Late February, I attended Watsons Beauty Day Out with lots of other beauty bloggers. It was well, kinda like a mega bloggers gathering with balloons and foods & drinks~ Lolx~
On Dec, SampleStore sent 4 sample size (Unilever) CLEAR Shampoo to me for review.
- CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care MEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Anti Hair Fall) 80ml
- CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care MEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Cool Sport Menthol) 80ml
- CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care WOMEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Anti Hair Fall) 80ml
- CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care WOMEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Ice Cool Menthol) 80ml
"An all-new shampoo that effectively eliminates your dandruff with every wash"
- by Unilever CLEAR
Before you start tackling your dandruff problem, its best that you know..................
"What Causes Dandruff?"
- The real culprit of Dandruff is a fungus (bacteria) called “Malassezia” that lives on the scalps of most healthy adults. But sometimes it grows out of control causing irritation that leads to increased cell turnover. The result is a large number of dead skin cells. As the cells fall off, they tend to clump together with oil from the hair and scalp, making them appear white, flaky and all too visible.
- Dandruff is a scalp disorder which is marked by itching and excessive flaking of the scalp.
- Scalp is skin and as such contains the same key structures as the rest of our skin. Different people have different scalp skin & needs. Only by deeply penetrating and nourishing the scalp from within, Dandruff will be eliminated and not come back.
- Sweating, increased oil production, hormonal fluctuations, stress, UV radiation, infrequent washing, diets, food allergies, pollution etc. also contribute to the development of Dandruff.
- Physical and mental stress, both contribute to dandruff and worsen dandruff problems. So it is important to take good care of yourself and adopt a healthy lifestyle.
- If you suffer from excessive dandruff, try avoiding starchy foods, meat, sugar, strong tea, and coffee, pickled and processed food.
*DO YOU KNOW?*
Do you use Shampoo to wash your hair? Or your scalp?
Answer is SCALP. (and hair near roots area)
People tend to use Shampoo on their hair only and later realised that they have itchy scalp with dandruff but their hair ends are very dry! That's because they never once wash their scalp with shampoo causing dirt trapping around the hair roots and forming of layers of deadskin. And the hair are lack of its natural moisture because its been overly-washed!
Scalp needs to be shampoo-ed on a daily basis with a little scalp massage work using our fingers. This is so, that the bubbles (foam we lathered up) can takeaway the dirt, dandruff and deadskin with it during rinse off.
Review of CLEAR WOMEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Anti Hair Fall & Ice Cool Menthol):
- Both are easy to lather
- Anti Hair fall shampoo has a milky powdery scent, where Ice Cool Menthol has this light Menthol powdery floral scent
- My scalp only felt cooling sensation when I'm using Ice Cool Menthol
- After washing off the shampoo, my hair doesn't feel too dry nor do my hair strands tangle & stick together when its still damp (Mind that I am using on shoulder length bleached hair with about 2cm growing black roots.)
- My hair colour doesn't fade off when using both shampoos
- I do not feel there's a big difference from using CLEAR Anti-dandruff Shampoos compare to my other kinds of shampoo.
- No adverse effect in hair fall or breakage
- The only 1 thing I felt is that both shampoos provided enough condition (moisture) for my very dry hair, but it did not help for my oily scalp. After half a day, my scalp became pretty oily and it started to itch a little. (I'm usually indoors, working in an air-con room)
- As I do not have Dandruff problem, hence I could use almost all kinds of shampoo without any problems, except for super nourishing kind that will make my scalp feel even oilier.
- It would be good to use CLEAR shampoo on a daily basis on a normal to dry scalp & hair
- Not really recommended for oily to very oily scalp & hair
- I like both shampoos' scent, and I usually prefer to use Menthol shampoo when I have itchy scalp or when it feels oily and sticky. The menthol shampoo gives my scalp a refreshing feel
Review of CLEAR MEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Anti Hair Fall & Cool Sport Menthol):
***When used on Woman's bleached hair with 2cm growing black roots***
- Both are easy to lather
- Anti Hair fall shampoo has a milky minty scent, where Ice Cool Menthol has a strong minty menthol scent
- The Strong mint scent from Cool Sport Menthol was overwhelming, I could hardly breathe when I was lathering it
- I experience only a slight difference for CLEAR MEN shampoo compare to CLEAR WOMEN Shampoo, that is my scalp doesn't feel as oily after using CLEAR MEN. (Lolx! Am I a MEN?) Obvious reason might be I have very oily scalp even though I have bleached hair. My scalp doesn't itch like when I'm using CLEAR WOMEN range
- As for my hair to hair ends, they feel pretty much the same as like when I'm using CLEAR WOMEN. Not drying, feels like its been slightly conditioned.
***When used on Man's virgin black hair***
- The man in da house said there isn't much difference between Anti Hair Fall & Ice Cool Menthol, except for the scent.
- He prefered Ice Cool Menthol as it has a strong menthol scent which he feels its more refreshing (Reason might be he previously used Menthol Shampoo everyday, he's quite immune to menthol scent & flavor. lolx~)
- He like both Shampoos as they both cleanses his scalp pretty well (he has dandruff), and he love the fact that the shampoo doesn't leave his hair feeling dry.
- His hair feels like as if its been conditioned after shampooing, hence he skipped using conditioner. Unlike previous brands, his hair tangles and feels dry which he need to condition everyday.
- He is now a Convert! (congrats! ^^)
Overall review of CLEAR MEN & WOMEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Anti Hair Fall & Ice Cool Menthol):
- Recommended for both women & men who has dandruff
- Not neccessarily that a woman must use WOMEN range while a man uses the MEN range shampoo. As can see from my review above, it is more suitable for me to use the MEN range as I have oily scalp which I think my scalp's probably oilier than any other woman who have oily scalp. ^^" lolx~
- If you do not have Dandruff, you can still use this shampoo but not on a daily basis. Use it only when you start to experience slight dandruff problem or when you have very dry/ itchy/ oily/ moist/ smelly scalp.
You say "smelly!?", yes you heard it right. It probably had been caused by excessive sweating or fungus (bacteria), thats why it smells if its left untreated.
Just a word of advise from me:
If you LOVE your hair then, DO NOT BE LAZY.
Blow dry your hair everytime after you come out of shower. Sleeping with damp hair will damage your hair AND your scalp.
If you love it, do the neccessary thing. This little piece of advise goes to everyone with any kinds of hair [virgin/coloured/grey]
CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care WOMEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Anti Hair Fall)
CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care WOMEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Ice Cool Menthol)
$9.40 for 350ml, $14.30 for 700ml
CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care MEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Anti Hair Fall)
CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care MEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Cool Sport Menthol)
$10.30 for 350ml, $15.70 for 700ml
7 kinds of CLEAR Shampoo for your redemption @ The Sample Store:
1. Female CLEAR Smooth & Manageable
2. Female CLEAR Complete Soft Care 2in1
3. Female CLEAR Dry Scalp & Itch Control
4. Female CLEAR Anti Hairfall
5. Female CLEAR Ice Cool Menthol
6. Male CLEAR Cool Sports Menthol
7. Male CLEAR Anti Hall Fall
Read more at The Sample Store's Facebook.
Once again, Thank you TSS for the shampoos! ^^
And all you girls & guys for reading my review~
Till then! Cheers! (●♡●)
Product names written and coloured in turquoise were given by its company to me for trial.
Thanks again to Ah ru for getting Louisa to invite me to “Beauty DIY with Judy 老师” @ Tampines 1 event organised by Beauty Bistro & Sasa Cosmetics.
Well, you might wonder who is Judy Lin? She is actually 林叶亭老师 who often appear in 女人我最大. (Actually I also don't know her name till I saw the poster with her face! kekex~)
I always liked watching Judy on the show as she often teaches the audience in hair-dos and ladies' fashion. ^.^ Very much like my kind of interests! =D
However this time, she is going to have a crash course at Tampines 1 on Slimming, Hair styling and Skincare.
I attended only the first half of the event as on that very same day, there is also Cosfest @ Downtown East! >_< Really crashed... =_=
The event happened at early noon about 11.30am, Sasa Cosmetic BAs and some shoppers buzzing around at the atrium. ^_^
And look at how PACKED all the tables and shelves are! WoOt! Passer-bys thought there were some sales going on! But indeed there were sales going on..lolx~
First is introducing the SHILLS Miracle-Lift Body Control Contour, it has both slimming and lifting effect.
Judy applied Miracle-Lift on model's arm, rub it firmly in upwards motion. Also using this massaging tool to help massage the content into the skin.
After its fully absorbed, she wrap the arm with clear plastic wrap and waited for about 15 mins. At this point, the model says she felt warm sensation on her arms.
After removing the wraps, Judy measured model's arm and it's circumference was reduced by about 2-3cm! OoO!
The model was unexpectedly a very slim male model (lolx) pulled from the crowd.. lolx~ The Fit patch was being cut into thin slices and paste in circles around the belly button. This way was said to be able to reduce the fats on the tummy area. And by sticking the patch into a CROSS on the arms and ankle, will reduct fats on arms and legs respectively. And again, the model says that he felt warm sensation underneath the patches.
Next introducting SHILLS Magical Hair Volumnizer
Below is a GIF picture, wait for it to load and you'll see the jumping images.
Start by clipping up the upper layer of hair and spray the volumnizer onto hair ends. Grab with your hands from hair ends and slowly rub the volumnizer into your hair in upwards motion to near roots (But not touching the scalp).
Then using hairdryer with a diffuser attached, place hair onto diffuser and blow dry it. After letting it go, the curls become more obvious.
GIF image of Hair styling for long curled hair Part 1
Comb back the upper layer of hair, grab it and twist it inwards, place a few bobby pins to fix the hair.
End here with clipping a floral hair clamp.
GIF image of Hair styling for long curled hair Part 2
Bring up the hair ends by twisting it around and and place it at back of head, fix the hair with bobby pins.
End with clipping a big ribbon hairclip or hair clamp on one side of the head.
For an alternate hair style, use a scarf to cover over top of head and tie it at behind ear.
Judy also used SHILLS FLUFFY FIX Maximizing Hair Volume Spray to spray on her hair so as to fix her hair style.
Here, Judy introducing how to use SHILLS Dust It. (A hair volumnizer powder)
Pour a little amount of powder onto palm and spread it on the hair or pour little amount directly onto hair.
Start by rubbing the hair in circular motions and hair will immediately bounce up in messy curls. It also works by grabbing hair ends and rubbing it with fingers.
Thus, giving a volumnized messy kinda look curls. Hmmm... I suggest to have this kinda look when you don't look that sleepy.. Else it will make you look like you just got out of bed.. ^_^"
Judy demostrating Gua Sha after applying the SHILLS White product onto model's face - A chinese theraphy that involves scraping of skin with a tool to promote blood circulation and removing toxic.
In the last photo, its obvious that the model's left face looked more lift up than her right side of face.
Well, that's all for the first half day of Beauty DIY with Judy 老师! I went off to Cosfest after that wherelse, Na and Ah ru stayed to continue attending the 2nd session. Click to see Verlyn post.
HEre's Ah ru, Me and Na~ Bleh~ ^.^ Taken at Wisma~ Coffee Stars. Luckily I chose to sit there else we won't know how GREAT their food are actually!! WOOT! ^.^
From this event, I got to pick any 2 items from the list that Louisa sent. So I got the SHILLS Moisturising & Whitening Cold Gel Mask & SHILLS Magical Hair Volumnizer.
As I hadn't been able to use the Hair Volumnizer yet due to my very dry and already volumnized hair (caused by frizziness..kekex~) hence I'm not able to review it. ^_^'
SHILLS Moisturising & Whitening Cold Gel Mask review:
I'd used the cold gel mask several times already, and I don't find it cooling or cold on my skin upon application. Unlike the Caudalie - Vinosource Quenching Sorbet-Creme which I bought recently, that creme feels so much cooling than the gel mask.
This gel mask however could give me supple and smoother skin after I washed it off. Wherelse the whitening part, hmm.. I didn't see it working on me. (Probably I had too much free radicals or something.. kekex..)
The gel also doesn't feels the same like my Laniege Water Sleeping Pack_EX or SKIN INC Okinawa Deepsea Hydra Mask, those are alot more watery but SHILLS' is like matte thick gel, the texture became sticky after spreading out.
I usually put a thick layer of the mask all over my face except eyes and I massage it on my face with my usual massaging techniques then wait for 15-20 mins and wash them off. My face then feel smooth to touch and also feels moisturised. Like I said before, my skin tone however didn't lighten hence this cold gel mask to me, is just a moisturising wash-off mask, not a really a whitening mask. (^^)
Once again, thanks to Louisa, Beauty Bistro and Sasa Cosmetics for the special invite. ^^
Till then! Cheers! (●♡●)
Product names written and coloured in turquoise were given by its company to me for trial.
As promised to some of you girls, here is my own method of hair styling... For the start, I will not teach how to make the hairstyles that I'd done before, but I will in Part 2.. ^_^" (As I think the introduction might be too long, so its better to split them up to 2 post)
Note: You probably be using a different product from what I'm using hence the result might be differ. Its always best to trial and error to come out with all kinds of hair styles, and in a long run, you will be able to learn different techniques to achieve the looks you want.
As for me, I didn't go for any hair styling class, but I always like to play with my hair, sometimes ending up with a funny look (^_^") But the mistakes enables me to learn more.
Before I begin, I like to say that the pictures were taken after midnight. So don't mind my sleepy look (+ my droopy eyeslids...) =_=" .And my hair's kinda start to turn oily so end result is not really up to my expectation.
Ok, here's the introduction to my hairstyling products:
- Bobby pins & U pins from Daiso: They are cheap and very good, comes in different colours to match your hair colour. So they can camouflage themselves, good when you tend to use too many of them to fix your hair.
- Rubberbands from Daiso: Lovely transparent and coloured bands for different hair colours (usually in browns). They are elastic and very durable. I can use 1 band for several times over 2-3 months and they still didn't break.
- Plastic Curlers/Rollers (with metallic wraps within) from Sasa: This is good for curling fringe/bangs and to make your hair look fluffy/voluminous. It can also be used to maintain your curls while you doing your makeup etc..
- Combs: I have few combs that I like to use like the full round combs (sorry I do not know the actual names!), half round wide combs (the one I'm holding) and normal straight ones with long pointed handle (used for separating the hair to sections)
- Ribbons & Hair Ties: Funky, sweet, elegant.. Get more of these for the different styles you wish to achieve
- Stylish Hairclips: Easy to use and holds up your hair well with just 1 clip! I always prefer one that has good holding power but yet not hard to press on. Some of the clips is so hard to press open, the clip ends up flying off my hand even before it opens!
- Hair dryer (Philips) & Hair electric curler/tongs(Watsons): I had these with me for years and they work so well till today! You can get cheap electric products from Little India's Mustafa Centre. My curler is Watsons brand, bought it at cheaper than $20 during sales. Its good to use but its diameter is smaller, hence the curls will not appear to be big and wavy. If you wish to have bigger curls, get one with diameter bigger than 25mm.
- Styling water (liese) & Styling Hair Spray (Rico): Styling water can help to maintain your curls a little longer and moisturize your hair at same time. Hair spray can be used before or after curl/styling. I use Rico hair spray because it is cheap $5+/bottle, good, and big! ^.^" I've used this on real hair and wigs, and the hair really stays in shape for whole day, provided that I sprayed alot as well. Its non-sticky, not oily, will not leave any white residue.
How do I curl my bangs?
2 methods, 1 is using plastic rollers and another is using electric curler. But I prefer rollers, as curlers tend to over-curled my bangs.
1. Wrap your bangs over the roller, starting from the hair ends.
2. Roll the roller inwards and stop it at the top of your forehead, then press the hair to the roller making sure the roller is secured well at that position. Do the same to the sides.
3. Now do the same to the back hair as well.
4. Use your hairdryer to softly blow hot air into the inside of the roller. The metallic wraps within will absorb the heat and transfer it to your hair.
5. Do the same to all the rollers. Blow each rollers for 1-2 minutes
6. The result of my bangs. (In fact, my bangs are not very curled because I didn't even plug in my hair-dryer! So think what will happen to my bangs if I had blown my rollers. The result will surely be better than this!)
Note: You can only roll up certain amount of hair in these rollers. If your hair is thick, you need more than just 1 packet of rollers! Split your hair to left-right, up-down sections first before you roll those babies!
How to remove rollers?
If you rolled up a long, long hair, your roller will get stuck at your head and its so hard to remove them, not even if you rotate the rollers the opposite direction where you rolled in.
So this is the method you should do to remove them: (I'm not good in words so I made a gif to show how to remove them)
Using Electric Hair Curlers:
Using Electric Hair Curlers for your back hair:
Hair types concerned:
Sometimes I'm being called the 109 Hot girl (in mandarin: 一零九辣妹 , name originated from Japan) because my hair is so yellow and so fluffy! I like fluffy hair reason is because I'm born with limp, flat, thin and oily black hair. Its so hard for me to achieve a certain hairstyle I wanted because oily hair cannot be styled.
To style, you need normal-dry hair. Dry hair can stay in shape for whole day, wherelse oily hair will turn back to its original shape in no time!
Some of you who has oily hair like mine (be it oily-very oily), don't worry you can be saved!
You need to use good oil control hair shampoos and STOP using any conditioner or hair serums! Those will make your hair even more oily!
You may wish to dye or bleach your hair (like I do), because dry hair will suck up all your natural sebum produced from your scalp. So when you have dyed hair, you will find that your hair is already naturally moisturized by your scalp and it won't feel dry like other people would. So all you need is to put a little serum or conditioner to the hair ends to prevent split ends, just VERY LITTLE!
Those who have normal hair (not oily, not dry or just VERY little oily/dry), lucky you! But I realize 1 problem for this kind of hair is that they get very stubborn when it comes to hair styling. Even if I use the highest temperature to curl the hair, the hair will return to straight hair within few seconds!
Many hair pins and alot, alot of hair sprays will be needed to shape up the hair. But after an hour or two, the hair will still return back to its original shape!
I can vomit blood when I face this kind of hair. -,_,- It might be different for you girls who have normal hair but I've experienced a few of my friends' hair being so stubborn that I totally gave up on styling their hair! I recommend them to WEAR WIGS.
For dry hair types, I know your worries. Some comes in normal dry hair, and some comes in very fluffy, voluminous dry hair. All I can suggest is to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! For people who are born with very frizzy dry hair, use hair treatments to condition your hair because its more nutritious than conditioners, but still use conditioners everyday and treatments about 1-2 times a week to make your hair smoother and straight. After coming out of shower, use hair serum to moisturize your hair. Do not think that if you have used conditioner, you can skip the serum. Because when water evaporates from your hair, your hair gets even more drier!
Keep the routine of putting on hair serums every time after bath, in a long run your hair will become smooth and silky! Best to put the hair serum on when your hair's about to dry, this way I find that it will lock up the water inside your hair protecting it from drying out.
I've heard from some friends who went for rebonding or soft rebonds saying that the result is very good, especially for frizzy dry hair types. I've seen the results, yes its really nice. But don't think that once you rebond your hair, you can just leave it as it is, skipping your haircare routine.
You will still need to maintain it by doing what I've mentioned above. I personally think that the chemicals that salons use on your hair will damage your hair structure. Although for the time being you will feel your hair is silky and soft, but once your new hair grows out and after few months the chemical lost its efficiency and lastly your hair structure is already spoilt by the chemicals. By then you will suffer from an ultimate DRY HAIR....-DO!
Ok, I shall end with a few preview pics of my past hair-styles... ^_^ More to come on my Hair Styling Tutorial Part 2!
Everything mentioned above are based on my own experience, I am not a professional! You can comment your thoughts here if you think that you have a better suggestion towards haircare/ hairstyling. I welcome all comments and opinions! ^___^
Till then! Cheers! (●♡●)
JL is having 20% discount storewide and card members have further discounts from 4 May - 6 May (3 days only!) I am lucky this time as I am on OFF from work on 4 May!
The things I bought in JL, total damaged count up to $100.44~ Fieewww~
NUDE Facial Cotton 2packs for $5.90 (After Discount $4): I got 4 packs! 150 cottons per pack, so its 300 cottons for $5.90. =)
NUDE 6pc Facial Puff $4.90 (AD $2): Just to say, NUDE is made in Korea. Their quality are good and prices are acceptable. =3
-Scroll down for other stuffs-
From Daiso, I got all things "About Feet", plus 1 sponge cleaner! I didn't get their facial cottons as I think I'd bought enough of NUDE. XD
Just happened to bumped into my ex-boss, Irene, replenishing her stocks in JL at the Olive Organia's shelves. She burged me to get some of her stuffs so I gotten this Promo pack (last set) since i run out of body scrub so may as well give her some business... =D
Olive Organia Body cleanser + Body Scrub $19.90 Promo: When I opened the box of Scrub, out came this little Body+Hand cream! So cute the packaging♡ ^.^
I remembered reading retail_therapy's blog about Phyto, kinda make me thinking "i should try this brand too!" But I ain't gotten treatment cream, I'd gotten a shampoo as my Loreal Elsève's finishing soon, plus I think my oily scalp is getting immuned from that shampoo, so its time to change!
Phyto Paris Sebo-Regulating Shampoo $34 (AD $27.20) : The container is stainless steel! Its look somewhat like a water bottle to me. The smell is not really nice, but not stinky too. It kinda freaks me out when I use it cos 1st, the shampoo water spilled out so fast I nearly poured all the content out of the bottle! 2nd, it was brown in colour, makes me think of of bitter chinese medicine. =_="
So ya, the shampoo is WATER, liquid kind, whatever you call it. It is unlike all the drug store shampoos I had used before. This is my first liquid shampoo! (Stamp Chop Sign♧)
Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick $21.90: The salesgirl says there is 20% discount for this lipstick but I realise in my bill, it didn't deduct. So sad =( However I've gotten a free pouch from them! The lipstick I gotten is in PEACH.
I later realised that they have buy 2 and get 1 free promo (Read the booklet but I've forgotten about it!), I went back to JL and salesgirl says I have to void the whole receipt then the counter will rekey all over again. Looking at the long queue, I gave up. :(
Anyone of you going to buy this lipstick at JL, do update whether you gotten any discounts for it?
Swisspers Dual Cosmetic Tips $3.90 (AD $3.12): I've always wanted a pointed cotton buds so here it is! The container is so cute, can still reuse it in future!
Fasio Hyper-stay Mascara (Magne-plus Curl Long) $22.90 (AD $18.32) : I always liked how Fasio makes my lashes look strong, rigid, super waterproof kinda feeling plus how easily I can apply it to my lashes comparing to MMajolica. And my old Fasio mascara had dried up so I decided to get it since there is discount! =3
♠ Somang Clinic HN Color Hair Bleach
Talking about my ex-boss, it kinda of reminds me that I totally forgotten about the Hair Bleach I bought a year ago in my ex-work place.
I was previously working in Surprisesss (Chinatown Market 3rd level), also a sister outlet of IvyCosmetics.
I used Somang Hair Bleach and Hair Dye and I ♡ them so much more than all other hairdyes (like loreal/Revlon/Garnier and the current Liese) but one thing is that its so hard to bleach and dye hair yourself. You will end up with uneven dyed hair. Worst still if you have a long hair.
I usually ask my friend to help me, she's not a hairstylist or whatever but she so darn good in hairdyeing my hair! I always end up with perfect hair colour! =3
One thing special about Somang Hair Dye is that it has a additional Nutrition Oil that need to be added into the dye content. And it provides a rather big tube of hair mask (in yellow colour, name Kerafix) and not to mention it includes gloves too! (I think some don't provide that)
Somang brand is actually under the same company as Beauty Credit. I think Somang is the mainline of that company but the models they use in Somang is repeated in Beauty Credit. Many people bought Somang's products got confused with Beauty Credit and thought that Somang was a copy brand, but infact BC is under Somang.
My ex-boss brought in Somang Hairdye and Bleach 2 yrs ago, but now it was stopped. Hence this 2 box of Somang Hair Bleach might be the last of Somang products in Singapore (XD~) that is if Beauty Credits' not counted in. Each box is sold @ $13.90 only but BC always sell every item for at least $5 more expensive than my ex-boss sells. If I want to use Somang hairdye again, I might have to turn to BC to get it =( Which is so highly priced...
Nevertheless I must plan a day to use up these 2 boxes of bleach! And welcome back my bleached hair again! \^o^/~ I miss you yellow hair!~
Here are a few product reviews on my current favourite Bodycare, Haircare and Foundation.
Let's start with Radox Smoothie Body Wash Review (requested by xhilzahx
I had been using several different brands of Bodywash (eh...who doesn't?) and always find it alittle or too drying on the skin immediately after I come out of the shower and towel dried my body.
However with Radox Body Wash, my skin feels more moisturised after I towel dried my body and no dryness feeling after few hours. And suprisingly, the nice fragrance still lingers on my body even after 4 hours or so!
My first contact with Radox is by using this little samples:
Radox is a brand under Sara Lee (You know, the Sara Lee cake?) Radox website is: http://be-selfish.co.uk/#/my-selfish-hour
Radox Smoothie Body Wash comes in 3 different blends.There are Soul Soother, Energise and Natural Balance.
I had bought the Natural Balance, because I see honey and i'm attracted to it. hahhax..
The reason why the Body Wash is not drying after shower because most of the ingredient are Milk hence the creamy texture. And they make this Body Wash look like a fruit smoothie, and smells like one too!
Right.. I know this is abit disgusting... I had used this for weeks, so pls excuse me.. =_=
The brown thingy you see are actually the almond ingredients.
The cap is at the bottom of the tube, so you need not squeeze the tube to get the content out. It eventually FLOWS out of the tube easily and nicely just like a smoothie. Sometimes it flows alittle too fast that I can't get in time to close the cap and stop the flow, so I end up using quite alot of it.. Dang wasted!
[STOP] My camera dropped into the basin with a big BANG! and I thought I broke it!! Phew~ luckily it didnt, but a very small part of the casing chipped off and went underneath the casing, I can hear it 'clittering' away when i shake my camera. =_="
As you can see, when added water, there're almost no bubbles! (There are some tiny mini itsy bitsy bubbles if your eyes can see it..) because... Its SOAP FREE! And that's why its more moisturised in compare to the normal body wash.
Next stop: Loreal Paris Elsève Nutri-Gloss Light Caring Shampoo (what a long name..)
Price: $11.50 @ Watson
I had been using Burts Bee shampoo as introduced by Na because I have a very oily scalp. Although Burts Bee shampoo makes my hair non-oily but it is also too drying. At about 3/4 of the day passed, my scalp starts to produce oil again. I assume it is because Burts Bee shampoo makes my scalp too dry so the scalp reproduce sebum at the end of the day and it produce double the amount instead of the usual. And that, makes my scalp feels itchy and I know it's gonna smell bad too.
I was attracted by Elsève shampoo @ Watsons because of the colour, and because I saw the word "for Greasy Hair" & "Clean & Light Feel".
I decided to give Elsève another try since the last time I used it was before Burts Bee and that was Elsève Color Vive. Color Vive doesn't help for my oily scalp.
I have dyed hair and it's very dry on the ends, but I care for my scalp more than my hair ends, since I can cut away my hair anytime. ^.^"
At the back of product, I like the sentence "Does your hair turn greasy quickly: becoming dull and flat" and my answer is YESYESYES!
So I took this baby home, I can't wait no longer so i used it immediately and I must say I LOVE the result!!
I have a habit of washing my hair at night and the next day I will just go out with an unwashed head, that is because during my sleeping hours, my hair will be moisturised by the natural sebum from my scalp. The next morning, my hair will feel soft and moisturised and easily detangled with just few combs.
Elsève shampoo gives me a good hair day and a good scalp day! I can be outside for total of 14 hours and when I reached home, my hair is not oily, does not itch, does not smell, and most importantly, it still looks airy and not 'dull and flat'!
Just gonna ♥ this shampoo!
Talking about shampoo, we'll think of conditioner. To be frank, I DO NOT use any conditioner, at least for most of the time. Unless in some cases when I need to shower NOW and step out in half hour's time, then I will use conditioner (on hair ends only).
The moment my hair is blow-dried, my hair ends gets frizzy, so there are 3 methods that I will use to stop it from frizzing:
1. Go to bed and sleep or just don't go out of house for at least 3 hours to let my natural sebum moiturise my hair.
2. When outside, keep combing my hair to bring the sebum down to hair ends to moisturise them.
3. Condition my hair during shower.
Next: Elsève Nutri-Gloss ... Perfume (In Japanese, can't understand...)
This cute little thing is actually a perfume spray for hair. I got this @ Watsons many months back and its going for about $9.90?
I still see a few Watsons stores selling it recently.
You are suppose to use it when you think your hair smells bad after you have a BBQ session, or you hair dipped into a bowl of noodles soup and you are still going on a date after that..etc etc..
Well, I use this sometimes when I stand too long under the sun and my scalps getting oily and it starts to smell (I always assume when hair gets oily, it smells!)
When the cap is opened, the fragrance drifts out even before you start using it. The fragrance's rather strong, and to me, the smell is sweet cherry like. Very sweet indeed!!
It works almost like a perfume on your body because its strong, so I guess when you flip your hair, anyone standing 360 degrees around you can smell it.
Which, is a good thing. You do not want some guys to smell your smelly hair when you flip it right? hahahx..
This is a must get for me, its small and light and when you forgot to put on your perfume, you can put on this to replace your perfume!
Note that, this cannot be used on your scalp. This can only used on your hair and the fragrance will do its best to cover your scalp smell!
It also does a little part of helping to moisturise your hair, so if you have oily hair, please try not to use it otherwise you will have oilier hair!
Foundation: Covermark Moisture Veil Base Foundation (in comparison with the new Covermark Moisture Veil LX)
2 pictures taken, with flash & without flash, respectively:
On the left, the foundation is the Moisture Veil, No. 02 (old version) : http://www.covermark.co.jp/cgi-bin/products/products_details.cgi?prd=100...
The 2nd lightest shade of the yellow tone.
On the right, 2 sample of LX, MO20 & MN30 (new version): http://www.covermark.co.jp/cgi-bin/products/products_details.cgi?prd=100...
I've gotten this little sample of the newest foundation, Moisture Veil LX from fr3b.
As you can see in the pictures, LX MO20 & MN30 (new version) powder looks finer and smoother than 02 (old version) on my fingers.
I always preferred to use foundations that are almost 2 tones lighter than my face, because I tend to oxidize them very fast and due to my jobscope, I am always running around and standing under sun, I will sweat, my MU usually don't stay long and my face will darken by 1-2 tones after mid-day.
I tried several foundations (be it liquid, 2way, bbcream, mineral), I still prefer my Covermark because it is one of the more waterproof kind comparing it with the other brands that I had used.
I stopped at Covermark for pressed/compact foundation for already a year plus. It gives great coverage and the tone suits my skin and it can even brighten my skintone!
It can be used dry or wet. I often use it wet unless I'm in a rush.
By using it wet: I will dampen a wedge and squeeze all the water out from it. (Must make sure its damp not dripping wet) Apply foundation as usual to my face. But of course all the concealing had to be done before the foundation.
For dry use, the foundation staying power isn't as great as wet application, I find that dry application will give a little flaky finish.
All pictures below shows the foundation in dry application.
Below shows foundation applied above my jawline.
02 is lighter in shade and is in white-ivory tone.
MO20 is more yellowish (nearer to my skintone and is darker in shade comparing to 02)
MN30 is exactly same shade as my face but I do not pick that as I prefer lighter shades foundations.
To show how waterproof this foundation is (when its wet applied to my face), here is a pic of it during a photoshoot I had last year February.
This is the most extreme case that I picked out from all the shoots I had. The weather was burning hot at 35 degrees that day and I had to wear a costume and a pair of wings and stand under the sun, stayed in the humid forest, sit on scalding hot floors and do all sorts of things. My photographer was already sweating like hell, and I was too, of course.
Every few minutes or so, I will use Beauty Formula's Cooling mist to cool my body and to moisturise my face so my makeup will not melt.
Surprisingly, I only did very little touch up to my MU. I believe the reason why is because of the foundation and the cooling mist. =D
This shoot goes on from morning until evening, about 7 hours? And I'm still looking good in the MU during my dinner time.
And a pic during a cosplay event last year July. The costume is heavier and the hat stops the ventilation of air to my forehead. I was sweating and the MU melted at my forehead area, but the other parts was still quite intact. Again, moisturising with mist spray does helps me alot during hot weathers!
As you can see my face and body has different tone, I am a yellow (not dirty fellow) person, but covermark Moisture Veil 02 is whiter. But I still like that tone as it makes my face brighter and looks good in most of the photos.
I ordered Covermark Moisture Veil LX MN20 from fr3b's site: http://www.fr3b.com/covermarkLXpreorder.php
Fr3b is giving away some samples along with the LX preorder. Great buy!
The packaging of LX is so slim and pretty! The sponge is seperated from the foundation, I like!
I hope MO20 will look good on me, if not I'll try on MN10 (the lightest shade of all) instead, otherwise I had to give up on LX range.. =_="
Thanks you all for reading such a LONG review with all the spam pics... ^_^"
[[[I am in no way affiliated with beauty related companies like Sara Lee, Loreal, Covermark or any organisations or am I representing them.]]]