On Dec, SampleStore sent 4 sample size (Unilever) CLEAR Shampoo to me for review.
- CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care MEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Anti Hair Fall) 80ml
- CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care MEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Cool Sport Menthol) 80ml
- CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care WOMEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Anti Hair Fall) 80ml
- CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care WOMEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Ice Cool Menthol) 80ml
"An all-new shampoo that effectively eliminates your dandruff with every wash"
- by Unilever CLEAR
Before you start tackling your dandruff problem, its best that you know..................
"What Causes Dandruff?"
- The real culprit of Dandruff is a fungus (bacteria) called “Malassezia” that lives on the scalps of most healthy adults. But sometimes it grows out of control causing irritation that leads to increased cell turnover. The result is a large number of dead skin cells. As the cells fall off, they tend to clump together with oil from the hair and scalp, making them appear white, flaky and all too visible.
- Dandruff is a scalp disorder which is marked by itching and excessive flaking of the scalp.
- Scalp is skin and as such contains the same key structures as the rest of our skin. Different people have different scalp skin & needs. Only by deeply penetrating and nourishing the scalp from within, Dandruff will be eliminated and not come back.
- Sweating, increased oil production, hormonal fluctuations, stress, UV radiation, infrequent washing, diets, food allergies, pollution etc. also contribute to the development of Dandruff.
- Physical and mental stress, both contribute to dandruff and worsen dandruff problems. So it is important to take good care of yourself and adopt a healthy lifestyle.
- If you suffer from excessive dandruff, try avoiding starchy foods, meat, sugar, strong tea, and coffee, pickled and processed food.
*DO YOU KNOW?*
Do you use Shampoo to wash your hair? Or your scalp?
Answer is SCALP. (and hair near roots area)
People tend to use Shampoo on their hair only and later realised that they have itchy scalp with dandruff but their hair ends are very dry! That's because they never once wash their scalp with shampoo causing dirt trapping around the hair roots and forming of layers of deadskin. And the hair are lack of its natural moisture because its been overly-washed!
Scalp needs to be shampoo-ed on a daily basis with a little scalp massage work using our fingers. This is so, that the bubbles (foam we lathered up) can takeaway the dirt, dandruff and deadskin with it during rinse off.
Review of CLEAR WOMEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Anti Hair Fall & Ice Cool Menthol):
- Both are easy to lather
- Anti Hair fall shampoo has a milky powdery scent, where Ice Cool Menthol has this light Menthol powdery floral scent
- My scalp only felt cooling sensation when I'm using Ice Cool Menthol
- After washing off the shampoo, my hair doesn't feel too dry nor do my hair strands tangle & stick together when its still damp (Mind that I am using on shoulder length bleached hair with about 2cm growing black roots.)
- My hair colour doesn't fade off when using both shampoos
- I do not feel there's a big difference from using CLEAR Anti-dandruff Shampoos compare to my other kinds of shampoo.
- No adverse effect in hair fall or breakage
- The only 1 thing I felt is that both shampoos provided enough condition (moisture) for my very dry hair, but it did not help for my oily scalp. After half a day, my scalp became pretty oily and it started to itch a little. (I'm usually indoors, working in an air-con room)
- As I do not have Dandruff problem, hence I could use almost all kinds of shampoo without any problems, except for super nourishing kind that will make my scalp feel even oilier.
- It would be good to use CLEAR shampoo on a daily basis on a normal to dry scalp & hair
- Not really recommended for oily to very oily scalp & hair
- I like both shampoos' scent, and I usually prefer to use Menthol shampoo when I have itchy scalp or when it feels oily and sticky. The menthol shampoo gives my scalp a refreshing feel
Review of CLEAR MEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Anti Hair Fall & Cool Sport Menthol):
***When used on Woman's bleached hair with 2cm growing black roots***
- Both are easy to lather
- Anti Hair fall shampoo has a milky minty scent, where Ice Cool Menthol has a strong minty menthol scent
- The Strong mint scent from Cool Sport Menthol was overwhelming, I could hardly breathe when I was lathering it
- I experience only a slight difference for CLEAR MEN shampoo compare to CLEAR WOMEN Shampoo, that is my scalp doesn't feel as oily after using CLEAR MEN. (Lolx! Am I a MEN?) Obvious reason might be I have very oily scalp even though I have bleached hair. My scalp doesn't itch like when I'm using CLEAR WOMEN range
- As for my hair to hair ends, they feel pretty much the same as like when I'm using CLEAR WOMEN. Not drying, feels like its been slightly conditioned.
***When used on Man's virgin black hair***
- The man in da house said there isn't much difference between Anti Hair Fall & Ice Cool Menthol, except for the scent.
- He prefered Ice Cool Menthol as it has a strong menthol scent which he feels its more refreshing (Reason might be he previously used Menthol Shampoo everyday, he's quite immune to menthol scent & flavor. lolx~)
- He like both Shampoos as they both cleanses his scalp pretty well (he has dandruff), and he love the fact that the shampoo doesn't leave his hair feeling dry.
- His hair feels like as if its been conditioned after shampooing, hence he skipped using conditioner. Unlike previous brands, his hair tangles and feels dry which he need to condition everyday.
- He is now a Convert! (congrats! ^^)
Overall review of CLEAR MEN & WOMEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Anti Hair Fall & Ice Cool Menthol):
- Recommended for both women & men who has dandruff
- Not neccessarily that a woman must use WOMEN range while a man uses the MEN range shampoo. As can see from my review above, it is more suitable for me to use the MEN range as I have oily scalp which I think my scalp's probably oilier than any other woman who have oily scalp. ^^" lolx~
- If you do not have Dandruff, you can still use this shampoo but not on a daily basis. Use it only when you start to experience slight dandruff problem or when you have very dry/ itchy/ oily/ moist/ smelly scalp.
You say "smelly!?", yes you heard it right. It probably had been caused by excessive sweating or fungus (bacteria), thats why it smells if its left untreated.
Just a word of advise from me:
If you LOVE your hair then, DO NOT BE LAZY.
Blow dry your hair everytime after you come out of shower. Sleeping with damp hair will damage your hair AND your scalp.
If you love it, do the neccessary thing. This little piece of advise goes to everyone with any kinds of hair [virgin/coloured/grey]
CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care WOMEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Anti Hair Fall)
CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care WOMEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Ice Cool Menthol)
$9.40 for 350ml, $14.30 for 700ml
CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care MEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Anti Hair Fall)
CLEAR Nourishing Scalp Care MEN Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Cool Sport Menthol)
$10.30 for 350ml, $15.70 for 700ml
7 kinds of CLEAR Shampoo for your redemption @ The Sample Store:
1. Female CLEAR Smooth & Manageable
2. Female CLEAR Complete Soft Care 2in1
3. Female CLEAR Dry Scalp & Itch Control
4. Female CLEAR Anti Hairfall
5. Female CLEAR Ice Cool Menthol
6. Male CLEAR Cool Sports Menthol
7. Male CLEAR Anti Hall Fall
Read more at The Sample Store's Facebook.
Once again, Thank you TSS for the shampoos! ^^
And all you girls & guys for reading my review~
Till then! Cheers! (●♡●)
Product names written and coloured in turquoise were given by its company to me for trial.